Sunday, April 17, 2011

With a heavy heart...

My niece K's 2 month old baby sister whom she never met unexpectedly died this morning. Usually I would have said, "oh how sad", but now that I have C and he is about the same age I can't quit thinking about it. The story my sister told me is that K's dad had taken the baby to her mom to let her feed. While feeding, milk suddently started coming out of the baby's nose, mouth and eyes and she stopped breathing. One of their neighbors was a volunteer fireman and he came over, performed CPR and revived her but momentarilly. When the ambulance came the baby's dad (K's dad) had to carry her limp body to the ambulance. They tried for 27 minutes to revive her but were unsuccessful in doing so. She was taken to the hospital and pronounced her dead. The baby's dad (K's dad) wasn't allowed to go to the hospital due to police questioning. He was unable to hold her for one last time and say goodbye. They spent all day making funeral arrangements and K's dad had to sell his vehicle just to afford a burial plot. The funeral home is giving them discounts, I guess because she was just a baby. One theory is that she aspirated and passed away. An autopsy will be performed.

My heart breaks for them as I can't imagine loosing C. He is my whole life and I can't imagine it without him. I worry now more than ever that something like that may happen to him. I have to trust in God that he will protect him, keep him healthy and keep him here on earth with me for many more decades to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment