Saturday, April 16, 2011

He's going to miss me.

I was looking over an email I was sent when I was approved for FMLA. It said I was approved for FMLA from January 25th to April 18th. I was under the impression I was supposed to return to work on April 25th. Are you kidding me? It was my mistake. C's original due date was January 29th but whe Dr. D was filled out my FMLA request sheet she put my due date January 25th. I never changed it in my head that I would have to go back a week early. The thing is my boss only knew what I told her. I tossed the idea back and forth in my head whether or not I should call and tell her. I made the decision to do the right thing because I didn't want to get in trouble with upper management and I didn't want to get my boss in trouble either. I called her and made a deal I would go back Wednesday instead of Monday. I just wasn't prepared to go back a week early and Wednesday is better than Monday.

I am getting anxious about going back too. P doesn't have as much patience as I do and I'm afraid of what will happen when I'm not here. I am also afraid C is going to cry more than usual because he is going to miss me. I will be gone 14.5 hours a day (or more depending on if I have to be on call that day). I have been with him 24/7 since the day he was born and he is going to know I'm gone. I will probobly cry the day before I go to work and on my way to work that day. Hopefully it will get a little easier with time...

No comments:

Post a Comment