Friday, April 22, 2011

Back to work

Wednesday was my first day back to work. I missed C more than he missed me! P was really good about making me feel at ease. He sent a picture, a video and text messages throughout the day. They really made me feel better. Thursday I hardly worried at all. I was so tired at the end of each day! My feet and back killed me. I haven't worked a normal shift since November. I am so glad to be able to do normal things again like push stretchers and beds, fit on the elevator with a stretcher, lift and move patients and recover a patient normally. I can bend and move without my hips and/or back aching all day. Hell, I can walk without my hips and/or back killing me! I don't feel guilty for not being able to be a team player anymore. My boss is really working with me on my schedule and I only have to work one Friday a month! Friday is going to be our family day where P and I are both off together. This will really be beneficial when C gets older. I think a healthy childhood, adolecense and adulthood all hinge upon having both of your parents actively participating in your life.

I have to get used to 12 hours shifts again. I have to drive an hour each way so my days actually turn into 18 hour days. C has been really good at sleeping through the night since we started cereal. (I know it's too early but it's only 1.5 tsp so don't get your panties in a wad). I come home play with C and love on him then scarf some food down, feed C and then put him to bed. Both nights I worked he didn't go down until 10pm-11pm but that's ok cause he doesn't wake up till 5am. P and I both get up at 5am to get ready for work anyway. But I have to tell you it just felt very right and normal to be home with him today. Motherhood is such a weird thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment