Friday, March 25, 2011

They won't stop coming!

I am so glad that P and I saved a lot of money before C was born because the medical bills won't stop coming! Just when I think I'm paid up another bill comes. I got a 4th one today. Seems like when you have insurance you shouldn't have to pay anything. Here is the rundown:
My hospital bill (2 days)- $1200.00
My anesthesia bill (epidural and c-section)- $145.00
My OBGYN delivery bill-$378.00
C's hospital bill (2 days)- $444.00
C's NICU bill (1 hour)- $250.00
C's Pediatrician bill (when they say him in the hospital)-$ 278.00

This is the portion I had to pay out of pocket. Our finances are really going to suffer when I go back to work. Both P and I are going to go from 40 to 36 hours a week so we don't have to pay for day care. Then I have to pay for C's insurance now and his perscription Prevacid is $100 a month. Add $23 per week for formula and $40 per month for diapers. (Can you believe we haven't had to buy diapers yet? Thank God for wonderful friends and family.)

It's going to be different for sure. Our whole life has changed so much. But holding him and seeing him smile and coo at you makes every sacrifice worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment