Saturday, April 27, 2013

This one is different but very much the same.

I was reading all my posts from when I was pregnant with Cash today. Brought back all kinds of warm fuzzies. My favorite is that I will never let him eat McDonalds. HA! Anywhoo, I have decided I'm going to blog more about this pregnancy. With Cash I posted on Facebook every single sonogram picture. Haven't had time to do that this time around. By 5 months I had ordered his furniture, had it almost set up and picked his theme for his room. At 5 months P and I were at Babies R Us registering for useless things like burp cloths because we just had to have them. Eighteen weeks is just around the corner and we have done NOTHING to prepare for Cash's little brother/sister. People are giving me a hard time about this. Saying it's not fair and this baby is getting screwed. I have good reasons. 1. That perfect nursery we set up for Cash didn't get used until he was 11 months old. New baby WILL NOT sleep with us after it's born. I will register for a basinet and it can sleep in it at night and his it's crib for naps. I will not make the same mistake with Cash. Plus Cash is still sleeping in the bed with us. 2. The new baby will inherit Cash's old baby furniture since he doesn't use it now. So we won't have to buy more and assmeble it. 3. Picking out a gender neutral nursery is HARD! Everything is so ugly. I do think I found the theme though. It's more like colors than a theme. 4. I have almost every piece of baby equipment from Cash left over. Barely used and all gender neutral: swing, bouncer, walker, jumper, play center, Rock N Play, carrier, play pen, high chair. There are only a few things will will need: double stroller, monitor, basninet, changing table and a diaper genie. My sisters insist on giving me a baby shower. I don't want one because I don't think I'll get the stuff I really need anyway. Plus gender neutral clothes are dumb. 5. We are broke! So hard to make ends meet these days. This go around we don't have a fat savings like we did with Cash. I won't have enough paid time off from work (again) and I haven't decided if I'll go back when my PTO runs out or if we will but bills on credit cards. Who knows... On to how this pregnancy is exactally the same: Morning sickeness (ALL day), headaches, bad back and hip pains. So far everything is the same. This time I don't have to fret about labor and delivery. No labor for me. Prescheduled C-section, I know I'm getting an epidural and I will know his/her birthday exactally. I also and going for a very detailed sonogram with a maternal fetal medicene doctor to check for any problems with baby's development. Hopefully this will save us some worry. I also am sad I don't look pregnant. They say with the 2nd you "pop" sooner and I do think I'm getting bigger sooner I just look fatter and not pregnant. Same as with Cash. I do know one thing for sure I hope this baby is as smart, shy, sweet, beautiful and perfect like my Cashy.

No comments:

Post a Comment