Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

I have high hopes for Mother's Day every year. After all, I waited 30 years for one to come my way.

I imagine sleeping in and waking up to breakfast in bed. Then Cash will jump on me in bed telling me how much he loves me and P thanks me for being a great Mom and he appreciates all I do. I don't have to lift a finger all day getting showered in gifts and flowers. I won't have to cook dinner. I will be made to feel special and appreciated.

Every single year I sit home, alone, depressed and disappointed. P always has to work, never thinks to ask for the day off. This year I got a card, from Cash. Nothing from P telling me so much as telling me to kiss his ass. No flowers, no gift...nothing but heartbreak. He didn't even tell me Happy Mother's Day. Never had a dinner or flowers from P. He said he got me a present but I know he ordered me something that he didn't even care enough to order it on time so I could get it today. Today is like any other day, nobody has made me feel special here. So, all you people posting all your gifts on Facebook and saying how sweet and thoughtful your husbands and kids are can kiss my ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment