Thursday, May 23, 2013

Bento boxes

I've seen Bento boxes on Pinterest for a long time. Still, I look at them and think how in the world do people have time to do those? Cash has been stuck in a rut with his lunches.  P throws stuff in the microwave and that is ok once in a while but 3 days a week is not cool. The kid never eats vegetables and barely gets fruit.  Don't get me wrong I'm guilty too mostly because I've been too tired to go to the grocery store.  So, I made Cash 2 lunches for P to pull out of the fridge and give to him, easier than nuking something. I ended up getting sick so I was here to watch him devour his lunches! I think he liked the bright colors and that the food is different from, burritos, corn dogs and pizza rolls.  Day one he had peanut butter and jelly cut into dinosaur shapes, pretzels, cheese stick and oranges.  Day two he had tuna (with hidden carrots) crackers, carrots & cucumbers with ranch, and graham crackers.  I think these people that do these Bento boxes are on to something.  At least I know when I'm at work that Cash is eating nutritiously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment